There is a plethora of promising weight loss tips out there yet a large majority of us still finds it difficult to lose weight. While some may take off weight temporarily, they are unlikely to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Here we have rounded up some of the most easily applicable and scientifically proven weight loss shortcuts!
- Drink water, especially before mealsA research shows that drinking half a litre of water 30 minutes before having your meals actually helps reduce calorie intake. Not only that, it also helps dieters lose 44% more weight compared to those who don’t drink that amount of water before having meals.
- Drink green teaGreen tea is loaded with natural antioxidants and nutrients that provide many impressive health benefits. In fact, green tea aids fat burning and boosts metabolism.
- Eat eggs for breakfastEggs are a good source of protein and vitamins. Research shows that eggs fill us up more than any other food sources, thus we tend to consume lesser calories for the next 36 hours.
- Drink coffee (Preferably black)Coffee is known for keeping us awake with the help of caffeine, but did you know it also aids weigh loss? Studies show that people who drink more black coffee has a lower risk of obesity and diabetes as black coffee is calorie-free. Caffeine boosts thermogenesis which actually helps you burn more calories as it reduces our appetite and boosts our metabolism.
- Get good sleepGetting enough sleep is really important because lack of sleep is one of the main causes of weight gain. Studies show that those who get enough sleep tend to eat lesser calories. As sleep deprivation causes the disruption of the daily fluctuations in our appetite hormones, it leads to poor appetite regulation. Besides, those who sleep less than six hours every night are more likely to be at risk for type 2 diabetes.
- Keep healthy snacks around in case you get hungryHaving a healthy food or snack stash around you could help prevent you from eating unhealthy food if you are hungry. Prepare snacks that are healthy and are easy to bring around such as nuts and fruits.
Try out these tips and see which suits you the best for weight loss.